Jack in the Box TENANT OVERVIEW
Updated: September 13, 2018
- NNN leases eliminate landlord responsibilities
- Increases in primary term
- Store configuration adaptable to a variety of reuses
- Not rated by Moody’s or S&P
- Franchisee Operators
- Earnings from continuing operations were $18.3 Million for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2018 compared with $31.3 Million for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2017
- Fiscal 2018 earnings from continuing operations totaled $104.3 Million compared with $128.6 Million in fiscal 2017
Jack in the Box is a quick service hamburger chain located in 21 states across the country, concentrated in California and Texas.
A Jack in the Box property is an attractive net lease investment due to the favorable terms for the owner as well as the location of the properties. Jack in the Box will sign long triple net leases with built-in rent increases. The nature of a triple net lease relieves the investor of any landlord responsibilities while the rent increase creates a nice hedge against inflation. Jack in the Box restaurants are typically located in desirable locations that allow for high visibility and convenience for customers. These traits are valuable and necessary for any retail tenant, not just a QSR.
Jack in the Box Inc. is based in San Diego, CA and operates and franchises over 2,200 Jack in the Box restaurants in 21 US states and Guam. This leaves ample opportunity for expansion into new markets. Jack in the Box was the first major hamburger chain to develop and expand the concept of drive-thru restaurants. Today, the drive-thru accounts for about 85% of Jack in the Box sales.
Jack in the Box franchises over 90% of all locations.
Jack in the Box Inc. acquired Qdoba, a fast casual Mexican restaurant in 2003 to supplement their core growth, but sold it in 2018 to Apollo Global Management.
Average Cap Rate
12 mo avg with 10+ yr lease term
Average Property & Lease
|Average Sale Price
||5 - 10% Every 5 Years
Average Cap Rate Trend
Rates reflect last 12 mos, short and long-term
Recent Sales Comps
Featured Tenant Profiles
Avg. Cap Rate: 5.42%
Sector: Casual Dining
Avg. Cap Rate: 6.61%
Avg. Cap Rate: 5.76%